New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NOPcode
Ketchup Master

USA
84 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2004 :  09:18:21 AM  Show Profile
Font in the code is getting mangled something like euro fonts or something - for lack of a better term, high-ascii-unicode. Lots of unlates and stuff. Not perminate, if I move the cursor the view repaints and it changes back.
Seeing this randomly, and no, not able to make it happen. I have seen it occur when alt-tabbing VS2003 from another process, and when double-clicking on the .cs file. I also *think* I'm seeing it when it does some inter-line formatting, in that the text flickers in that area.

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2004 :  11:36:14 AM  Show Profile
What IDE do you have? What build of VA X? Can we assume only in C#? What font and font size? Any language extensions installed?

Can you post or send a small screen shot to [email protected]?

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

NOPcode
Ketchup Master

USA
84 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2004 :  2:25:24 PM  Show Profile
VS2003 ide as mentioned, build 1218, C# as mentioned, default fonts and etc. No langage extensions, no other addins. I can try to get a screen shot the next time it happens.
Go to Top of Page

EqualsP

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2004 :  9:09:07 PM  Show Profile
I too am having the same problem with build 1218. I am running VC 6sp5 and Windows XP (with all the latest SPs as of this post)

I am not able to reliably recreate the problem, but it has happened 2x in the last hour. To describe what is happening is that the text seems to change. it's as if every other pixel on the screen is missing. If I were to click in the middle of a word and start typing, my text will appear a few characters down from where I clicked..

If I turn off VA, everything draws correctly and if I turn it back on, it goes back to the problem. if I disable font colors the problem goes away also.

the only way I know of to fix it is to restart VC.

=P

Edited by - EqualsP on Mar 03 2004 9:14:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

EqualsP

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2004 :  12:49:07 PM  Show Profile
due to lack of web space I have emailed a screen shot to Support. I hope it helps.

=P
Go to Top of Page

EqualsP

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2004 :  3:17:26 PM  Show Profile
I just upgraded to build 1219 and am experiencing the same problem.

If I disable "Color Syntax Highlighting" the problem vanishs, but so does my VA syntax highlighting.

It happened when I had hit "F1" for help. I don't know if this was the cause because i've been able to hit F1 many times before without this happening. Help was already loaded also, it didnt have to open.

=P
Go to Top of Page

EqualsP

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2004 :  6:45:44 PM  Show Profile
I just witnessed the bug in progress.. it happened when I switched back from an open MSDN help window into VC, when the VC screen refreshed, all the text was mangled.

=P
Go to Top of Page

EnderJSC

8 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2004 :  10:46:36 PM  Show Profile
I too have seen this problem very briefly. or I should say it only maintained the odd state until I did something. i.e. clicked in the window. I got this problem in an earlier build. 1216 I think. At the time I didn't think it was VA X related. It happened when I was debugging. I believe it had just hit an ASSERT, or threw an unhandled exception. The IDE had just gained the focus. I haven't seen it for a while though.

EnderJSC
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000