Build 1416 available
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2005 :  1:54:30 PM  Show Profile
This build is a general release. It is available on our downloads page as well as in this post.

New beta versions will be available soon. We will announce them in this forum.

http://www.wholetomato.com/downloads/VA_X_Setup1416.exe

If you are not covered by technical support and have never run a trial, this build will run for 30-days. At the end of the trial, you will have an opportunity to renew support or you can uninstall and reinstall build 1301.

Check the About node of our options dialog to see if you are covered by technical support. If you do not see an explicit date of termination, your support has expired.

List of fixes is available at:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/history.html

Reset of VS.NET is not required. No changes to templates.

Edited by - support on Jun 24 2005 2:08:55 PM

Xash

7 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  11:48:21 PM  Show Profile
Huh... Seems my support expired on the 2nd of june...

Considering that there's was about no updates for 6 months and now I see three releases and a long list of fixes in the past two weeks, just after my support expired... I'll be really annoyed to be forced hand to renew support to have fixes that should have been included long before.

I was planning to renew anyway, but if you force ppl to renew this way, I'll seriously think again, what I consider being questionable practise.

You should make the support count by number of fixes instead of by period of time, as it seems that the fixes are rather unevenly distributed in time.

- Pierre

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2005 :  2:59:17 PM  Show Profile
the main reason for the delay has been all of the work required to make VA support Visual Studio 2005. realistically whole tomato could not ignore this, and they had to have support available in good time.

i do understand what you are saying and sympathise. whole tomato should be able to return to a more regular bug fix and release schedule now that support for vs2005 is up and running.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  2:08:39 PM  Show Profile
feline is correct in that support for vs2005 delayed a lot of other bug fixing.

We did not intentionally delay fixes until your support term expired. In fact, most customers received longer than a year of updates in their coverage. We only recently started charging for renewals.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support of our software.
Go to Top of Page

Xash

7 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2005 :  9:44:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi,

I understand that you didnt delay the support on purpose :P, the point is that I payed support for you to develop for VS2005, which I dont use and dont need - VS2K5 is still only in Beta... Support is supposed to meet the needs of the customer, otherwise I wouldnt pay for it.

Anyway, I'm quite frustrated by this... especially that it's just one-two weeks after the support expired that I see all the bug fixes that I was waiting for the time I payed support.

I hope you'll reconsider your licensing scheme, make it something that is clearly defined. You might decide to get on holiday for six months, or whatever happen to your developement team, whatever you might wanna do... the point is that the current scheme, in my opinion, is just not fair for your customers.

But it's your product, so you do what you want with it in the end.

Best Regards,
- Pierre
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000