Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

mnd

42 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  06:03:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I've a problematic file that is causing devenv to use 100%.
Looking at the devenv call stack, the function causing cpu hog is va_x_dll!MigrateDevColor+0xabb75.

The particular file in question is 1300 lines long and for each line there is a macro used to define a particular value.

For example:

#define kHe_MyPrefix RezLong(0x12F00)
DECLARE_PMID( kClassIDSpace, kHe_myBoss, kHe_MyPrefix + 77 )

where the macro is DECLARE_PMID of course and it will define the kHe_myBoss as an int32.

I've just upgraded to this latest beta (waiting for the new version to be released to renew my license).

This is a long standing issue I have with Visual Assist...I just found a workaround to have devenv exit gracefully, you have to switch to another application, devenv will release the cpu and then you have to click on X of the problematic file.

------------------------------------

VA_X.dll file version 10.1.1428.0 built 2005.10.19
Licensed to:
VA X:
VA.NET 7.1:
VAOpsWin.dll version 1.3.3.0
VATE.dll version 1.0.4.2
DevEnv.exe version 7.10.3077.0
msenv.dll version 7.10.3077.0
Font: ProFontWindows 15(Pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 5.82.2900.2180
WindowsNT 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
Single processor

Platform: Win32
Stable Includes:
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\atlmfc\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\PlatformSDK\\include\\prerelease;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\PlatformSDK\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\SDK\\v1.1\\include;

Library Includes:
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\atlmfc\\src\\mfc;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\atlmfc\\src\\atl;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\crt\\src;

Other Includes:

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  3:00:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
are you able to email a copy of this file to [email protected] ? or even better host it somewhere so that i can download it and try it myself?

i have just copied and pasted your two line macro into a cpp file many times, giving me a 2000 line cpp file which is basically a long series of repeats of this macro, and VA is fine with it. this is using VS 2003 and VA 1428.

it could require more variety in the macro lines, or it could require some related header files which hold the definition of DECLARE_PMID to reproduce this problem.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

mnd

42 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  4:07:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately I cannot provide you a copy of this file because it is part of the company's products.

However, it is an InDesign plugin project, you could download the sdk from http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/indesign/sdk/index.html#aidcs41
which contain same samples. I was not able to reproduce the problem with the samples by themself but having some of these samples added to a solution and opening that large file then opening the xxxID.h files of those sample projects will cause the cpu hog behavior showed before.

I can provide the logs for that behaviour if you need it.

regards,

- mn
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  5:01:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hopefully logs will help. can you please email them to [email protected] , referencing both this thread and the one about the IDE hanging. by the sounds of it the two behaviours are linked.

if you could provide log files for both problems that would be even better.

Go to Top of Page

mnd

42 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2005 :  05:48:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've upgrade to the trial of the lastest build 1437 but I still have the same problem....
It would be wonderful for me if I can have a filter to filter out such files from being parsed by visual assist, it sounds as a reasonable workaround for this problem.

Regards,

- mn
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2005 :  6:14:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when you say filter out certain files, are you talking about files from the adobe SDK? if so, then depending on how your solution is setup it may be possible to not tell VA about the SDK, so it will not automatically parse it.

looking at your configuration information from the first post i am not spotting a directory that sounds like it holds this SDK, so do you have the SDK files included as a project in your main solution? if so then VA should parse all of these files, along with the rest of your code.

can you email the log files of this problem to [email protected] please, referencing this thread?

you might also want to try VA 1438, since this contains a fix for boost headers that might just help in your case.

Go to Top of Page

mnd

42 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2005 :  08:05:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was meaning to filter out files with specific filenames. Such files are part of our projects and I need to edit them but each time I try to edit them I have to use an external editor because of the lockup.

- mn
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2005 :  10:05:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We prefer to solve the parsing problem; we won't provide functionality in VA X to avoid specific files. That said... your Adobe SDK should be in the list of Stable include files in the VA X options dialog. This happen automatically if they are in the right place in the IDE settings. When considered stable, VA X parses the files once in a while, i.e. not every time you open your project.

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/directories.html?more=yes
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2005 :  6:27:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am downloading the 4.0.2 version of the SDK at the moment to see if i can reproduce this problem.

in your original post you referenced a sample macro:

quote:
Originally posted by mnd
#define kHe_MyPrefix RezLong(0x12F00)
DECLARE_PMID( kClassIDSpace, kHe_myBoss, kHe_MyPrefix + 77 )

in this macro what are "kClassIDSpace", "kHe_myBoss" and "kHe_MyPrefix"?

can i simply define these as int's, or some other basic type? so long as my macro lines are vaguely close to what you are using i am hoping to be able to reproduce this.

Go to Top of Page

mnd

42 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2005 :  03:31:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well, there are some samples included in the sdk, the project files are located into build\\win\\sdkprj folder while the sources are in source\\sdksamples. Those macro you were mentioning are the macro that defines some ID, if you look at one xxxxxID.h file you will see how they are defined.

I've to say that with the samples I don't have the same beahaviour...but I tried to only open them, I never really worked with them. By looking at the logs produced with both our projects and the samples projects I can see that in our case we have line like this:

MaxtimerMainthread
(1485 s)
MaxTimeHit time 1485, avg 0, max 1485, tot 2001, count 2181 for OnTimerTimer
MKResize
(15 s)
MaxtimerMainthread
MaxTimeHit time 1531, avg 7, max 1531, tot 2862, count 392 for OnTimerTimer_Total 131

MaxtimerMainthread
(3109 s)
MaxTimeHit time 3109, avg 2, max 3109, tot 5125, count 2199 for OnTimerTimer
MKResize
(16 s)
MaxtimerMainthread
MaxTimeHit time 3172, avg 15, max 3172, tot 6034, count 394 for OnTimerTimer_Total 131

MaxtimerMainthread
(3125 s)
MaxTimeHit time 3125, avg 3, max 3125, tot 8266, count 2388 for OnTimerTimer
MKResize
(16 s)
MaxtimerMainthread
MaxTimeHit time 3188, avg 21, max 3188, tot 9347, count 439 for OnTimerTimer_Total 151

while for the samples I don't have any of them.

I've tried to insert the sdk includes directory to the stable files, it did help a little now it look the ide for 3 or 4 seconds out if I use page up or page down (or if I move faster in the file trough cursors) to move inside the file, I still get those hang.

regards,

- mn

VA_X.dll file version 10.2.1438.0 built 2005.12.16
Licensed to:
VA X: [email protected] (1-user license) Support ends 2005.07.22
VA.NET 7.1:
VAOpsWin.dll version 1.3.1.9
VATE.dll version 1.0.4.11
Font: ProFontWindows 15(Pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 5.82.2900.2180
WindowsNT 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
Single processor

Platform: Custom
Stable Includes:
c:\\program files\\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\\vc7\\include;
c:\\program files\\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\\vc7\\atlmfc\\include;
c:\\program files\\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\\vc7\\PlatformSDK\\include\\prerelease;
c:\\program files\\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\\vc7\\PlatformSDK\\include;
c:\\program files\\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\\sdk\\v1.1\\include;
C:\\build\\main103\\src\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\includes;
C:\\build\\main103\\src\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\architecture;
C:\\build\\main103\\src\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\cjk;
C:\\build\\main103\\src\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\colormgmt;
C:\\build\\main103\\src\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\graphics;
C:\\build\\main103\\src\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\incopy;
C:\\build\\main103\\src\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\interactive;
C:\\build\\main103\\src\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\interactive\\ui;
C:\\build\\main103\\src\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\layout;
C:\\build\\main103\\src\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\tables;
C:\\build\\main103\\src\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\text;
C:\\build\\main103\\src\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\ui;
C:\\build\\main103\\src\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\utils;
C:\\build\\main103\\src\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\workgroup;
C:\\build\\main103\\src\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\xmedia;
C:\\build\\main103\\src\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\widgets\\includes;

Library Includes:
c:\\program files\\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\\vc7\\atlmfc\\src\\mfc;
c:\\program files\\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\\vc7\\atlmfc\\src\\atl;
c:\\program files\\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\\vc7\\crt\\src;

Other Includes:
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2005 :  6:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have the Adobe SDK installed on a test system along with VS2003 and VA 1438 and i have setup my stable include files in VA to match yours, allowing for the fact the SDK is installed in a different directory.

i have ended up in the file:

C:\\Adobe\\Adobe InDesign CS2 4.0.2 Products SDK\\source\\sdksamples\\basicdialog\\BscDlgID.h

picking something at random from the samples that has the "DECLARE_PMID" macro in it. i have got as far as there is something odd going on involving the file "BscDlg.fr", which looks like C++ code on a quick glance and seems to be associated with this "DECLARE_PMID" macro.

assuming i know nothing about the Adobe SDK and don't want to learn just yet, what is the minimum i need to know to add a file containing a few thousand calls to the ""DECLARE_PMID" macro, in such a way that the values i pass into the macro will be resolved correctly by VA? or at least resolved well enough to reproduce this bug.

Go to Top of Page

mnd

42 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  03:18:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, first of all thanks for taking time in verifing this problem.

You don't have to add another file, you have to modify an existing xxxID.h file like the one you opened. As you can see that macro will define a number (based on the parameter), I sugest to open ID-4.0\\source\\sdksamples\\snippetrunner\\SnipRunID.h which contains all the different types of "define" you can have. To add more you can just duplicate an existing entry, change the name and increase the number, for example, if you have:

DECLARE_PMID(kImplementationIDSpace, kSnipRunErrorStringServiceImpl, kSnipRunPrefix + 28)

to create a new one you can write:

DECLARE_PMID(kImplementationIDSpace, kSnipRunErrorStringServiceImpl2, kSnipRunPrefix + 29)

and so on.

I've to say that after two days of usage with the directory added to the stable files I can say that the issue has been improved, devenv will not hang completely but it will just use 100% cpu for only 2-3 seconds after you open one of these file (and if you move with pageup / page down to see a different part of the file it will lock up again for 2-3 seconds).

Another thing worth mentioning is that I've a solution with 40 of these projects, all of them with pretty much complex xxxID.h files....

regards,

- mn

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  2:42:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very clear instructions, thank you :)

the original version of this file has 98 lines beginning with the text "DECLARE_PMID"
my modified version of the file has 2898

opening this file on its own in VS2003 is producing a CPU spike, but nothing that seems to cause a problem. the CPU does jump to 100% as i page down through the rather long file the first time, but i am still scrolling at full speed. how close to your experience is this?

i have sent an email to the email listed a couple of posts up with my test file attached. can you try the same test and see what happens on your machine? it is possible that having the files as part of a solution is important to reproducing this.

Go to Top of Page

mnd

42 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2005 :  03:47:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I tried the file you sent me, I've added to a project of mine.
I've to see that I see the cpu spinning to 100% but it does it for just 1 second opening the file and I can see the cpu spinning also when moving trough the file but for less than half a second (or less) so from my testing I can see that the behaviour I can see it still visible with that file however since that file is not included in any of the file of my projects that cpu spin for less time.

As I said before adding the sdk include folders to the stable folders helped a lot and now the problem is only visible in a couple of those files that are being referenced by almost all the projects in the solution (40 projects for almost 2545 files).

I've never say that but I use it on a laptop 2GHz (no hyper) with 2gb of ram, so it's not a super fast desktop.

- mn
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2005 :  3:12:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i got there finally. sorry for the delay, things have been busy at my end with Christmas and other things. removing the SDK files from the stable includes gave me a 100% CPU for 25 minutes on opening the file i sent you, before i got fed up and killed off the IDE.

case=947

i am hoping that fixing this problem will fix the problem you are experiencing with your files.

Edited by - feline on Dec 30 2005 3:13:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rain Dog
Ketchup Master

88 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2005 :  03:09:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've experienced this problem when trying to use Loki typelist macros.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2005 :  1:04:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what are "Loki typelist macros"? i have done a quick web search, but nothing that seems relevant to this is popping up. if they are a feature of the Adobe SDK then i have probably never heard of them, since i only looked at the SDK files long enough to try and reproduce this specific problem.

Go to Top of Page

Rain Dog
Ketchup Master

88 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2005 :  4:50:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://erdani.org/book/main.html

Loki is a C++ library that makes intensive usage of templates. In fact,when it was first released, I do not believe that there was a compiler that could compile all of the code even though it was standards conforming.

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2006 :  4:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have downloaded and installed loki 0.1.2 from sourceforge.net

could you post a small piece of sample code to illustrate the problem you are having?

Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  12:51:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Case 947 is fixed in 1440.
Go to Top of Page

kinook

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  11:41:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm experiencing similar behavior for one of my solutions in build 1440. Opening almost any file in a project of the solution and navigating around in it will cause the CPU to peg in thread va_x.dll!MigrateDevColor+0xaccb5 for 20 to 60 seconds, rendering the IDE unusable during that time. The problem occurs whether or not enhanced syntax coloring is enabled. The problem did not occur in the previous build I was using (1301). I'm sending a performance log and a couple of the affected header files.

Automate your software builds with Visual Build Pro
http://www.visualbuild.com/
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2006 :  11:57:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We isolated kinook's bug using his help via email. Certain templates caused IDE to slow.

The fix will be in the next build.

case=989
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2006 :  6:25:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Parsing of certain templates no longer slows IDE in build 1442.

Parsing of Loki is fixed as well.

cases 965 and 984.
Go to Top of Page

mnd

42 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  04:24:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Starting with build 1544 (or 1543, I can't remember well) I'm still exeperiencing the problem!
It is not usable anymore....I'm experiencing those spikes (100%) on the cpu that is preventing the editing to be fluent.

VA_X.dll file version 10.3.1555.0 built 2007.04.26
Licensed to:
VA X: [email protected] (1-user license) Support ends 2008.03.07
VAOpsWin.dll version 1.3.2.0
VATE.dll version 1.0.5.4
Font: Consolas 13(Pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 5.82.2900.2982
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
Single processor

Platform: Custom
Stable Includes:
c:\\program files\\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\\vc7\\include;
c:\\program files\\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\\vc7\\atlmfc\\include;
c:\\program files\\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\\vc7\\PlatformSDK\\include\\prerelease;
c:\\program files\\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\\vc7\\PlatformSDK\\include;
c:\\program files\\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\\sdk\\v1.1\\include;
C:\\build\\tayen\\int\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\includes;
C:\\build\\tayen\\int\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces;
C:\\build\\tayen\\int\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\architecture;
C:\\build\\tayen\\int\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\cjk;
C:\\build\\tayen\\int\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\colormgmt;
C:\\build\\tayen\\int\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\graphics;
C:\\build\\tayen\\int\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\incopy;
C:\\build\\tayen\\int\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\interactive;
C:\\build\\tayen\\int\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\interactive\\ui;
C:\\build\\tayen\\int\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\layout;
C:\\build\\tayen\\int\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\tables;
C:\\build\\tayen\\int\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\text;
C:\\build\\tayen\\int\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\ui;
C:\\build\\tayen\\int\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\utils;
C:\\build\\tayen\\int\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\workgroup;
C:\\build\\tayen\\int\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\interfaces\\xmedia;
C:\\build\\tayen\\int\\contrib\\Adobe\\InDesign\\ID-4.0\\source\\public\\hlaincludes;

Library Includes:
c:\\program files\\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\\vc7\\atlmfc\\src\\mfc;
c:\\program files\\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\\vc7\\atlmfc\\src\\atl;
c:\\program files\\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\\vc7\\crt\\src;

Other Includes:

Go to Top of Page

khb
Tomato Guru

Germany
337 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  08:42:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm also facing some performance problems with 1555. Scrolling through the code is extremely slow! If I constantly scroll my mouse wheel up and down I also get a CPU usage of 100%. I'm using VS2005, Win XP, no other add-ins.

Regards,
Marcus.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  10:31:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you two getting this problem with all code, or only with some files? Normally these problems are tied to specific files, normally very heavy template code.

Is there any chance of getting a single file for testing purposes that demonstrates the problem?

Go to Top of Page

khb
Tomato Guru

Germany
337 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  11:02:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The code I'm working on has not many templates, just some STL containers. The files are not even very large. It seems to happen on all files. My impression was that the IDE got slower and slower with the time. I restarted the IDE and now its working better. I'll keep an eye on it if it happens again.

Regards,
Marcus.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  11:08:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you disabled the IDE's intellisense? It is very tempting to blame this problem on the IDE its self, and not VA, since VS2005's intellisense parser is behind a lot of speed problems people have.

mnd since you are using VS2003 this is unlikely to be the problem, but could you try closing the IDE and deleting the NCB file in the root directory of your solution, just to see if this makes any difference?

Edited by - feline on May 02 2007 11:09:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

khb
Tomato Guru

Germany
337 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  12:52:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always have the IDE's intellisense enabled. Of course, something could have gone wrong with the IDE. But it happend the first time for me today, that it got that slow. If it happens again I will try disabling the IDE's intellisense. Thanks for the tip!

Regards,
Marcus.
Go to Top of Page

mackomilos

35 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  04:46:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just for the information (that this problem isn't related only to khb), I'm encountering exactly same issues. After some period of time the IDE becomes slower and slower (there is a problem also with small files, about 70 lines), only restarting the IDE helps (with NCB file deletion). Today I completely turned the intellisense off, I'll post the result whether it helps or not.
Go to Top of Page

mnd

42 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  07:43:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have the problem with all the files I'm using.
You can see from the start of this thread which kind of files I'm using.
All the files use a lot of template (defined in the SDK) and a lot of macro (also defined in the SDK).

I can also confirm that build 1544 does not exhibit the problem, in fact I have switched back to 1544 because it was impossible to work with those spikes.

Kindest Regards,

- mn

P.S.

of course I've not changed Visual Studio preferences before (or after) the switch to 1544 so it shouldn't be a problem with NCB, intellisense or whatever because 1544 is unaffected.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000