Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

straightwaytek
Ketchup Master

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  10:38:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
A little while ago I installed Visual Assist X. Now whenever I go attempt to use the various combo boxes in Add New Variable dialog or Add New Member Function Dialog in Visual Studio 2005, the drop down functionality no longer works, and instead I have to use the up and down arrow keys to select the item I wish to use. Is this normal?

Regards,

James Simpson

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - May 10 2006 :  3:02:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
do you have any other plugin's installed? which language is this?

my first guess is that this is not normal, since i do not recall anyone else mentioning this. how are you triggering these dialogs? using VS2005 and a C++ project i have prodded class explorer and had a look in the menus, but so far i have not found any sign of this option.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

straightwaytek
Ketchup Master

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - May 11 2006 :  02:56:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello again,
I am using Visual Studio 2005 Pro, in a MFC based project. I notice this issue in particular, in the Add Variable dialog. Try clicking the access type (public,private,etc) drop down box, and you should see that it is not dropping down.

Sincerely,

James Simpson
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - May 15 2006 :  6:30:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
but how do i trigger this dialog??? i have just been through the IDE menu's a second time, and the closest thing i can find in VS2005 is project menu -> add class. this is not giving me the ability to add a variable to an existing class. i am using an MFC project (it was created as an MFC project) so that should not be a problem.

personally i just edit my classes by hand, so i have never needed this.

Go to Top of Page

jpizzi
Tomato Guru

USA
642 Posts

Posted - May 15 2006 :  11:04:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Open Class View, right-click on a class, select Add -> Add Variable.

Joe Pizzi
Go to Top of Page

straightwaytek
Ketchup Master

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - May 16 2006 :  12:13:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello again,
I would like to clarify the bug details for you. First, this appears to be occuring the most in the add member variable wizard when in the form view of a dialog box in MFC using Visual C++ 2005. Therefore to reproduce such a bug, go into the design view of a dialog box in a MFC project, right click on a control and click Add Variable. When the dialog box appears, click the various dropdown dialog boxes (especially the access dropdown box). You should notice that this dropdown box does not function properly.

Sincerely,

James Simpson
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - May 16 2006 :  5:52:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jpizzi

Open Class View, right-click on a class, select Add -> Add Variable.

i am sure i tried that before. *experiments* i get the add sub menu when i do this, but all it offers me is "add class" and "add resource" *sigh* it appears VS2005 does not like my test project.

turning to the dialog editor i have tried an existing and a new dialog. right clicking on a control offers me "add variable" but so far it is always disabled.

right, time for a brand new project. using VS2005 i have created a new C++ -> MFC -> MFC Application and i get an error saying "permission denied" *rolls eyes* VS2005 really does not like code on network drives.

are you sure you would not rather use VS2003?

right, i now have a new local MFC project. i accepted all of the default values when creating it.

opening the IDD_ABOUTBOX form in design view, via the "Resource View" i am now getting this add variable dialog. all of the drop down lists work perfectly for me.

straightwaytek do you have time to perform the same test? simply create a new, default, project and try the about dialog form? i am right clicking on the OK button.

how consistent is the problem for you? do you see it all of the time, or only under certain conditions?

Go to Top of Page

straightwaytek
Ketchup Master

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - May 20 2006 :  02:06:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello again,
I will tape the bug using Camtasia, and will send the compressed video to the support department ([email protected]). Before I do this, can you please tell me if that is okay with you, feline?

Regards,

James Simpson
Straightway Technologies Inc.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - May 20 2006 :  10:26:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have just sent you an email via the forum. if you reply to that email with the movie attached it will reach me directly, which is probably easier.

hopefully it will shed some light on what is going on here.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000