Technical Support
 AutoText not working for me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Curtis

14 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  2:11:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This may be something i am missing. I have tried to create an AutoText comment shortcut in VB.NET 2005. The shortcut doesn't work, although the AutoText can be selected from the context menu.

One clue might be shown below. The Autotext I created shows up red in the treeview. Any ideas?

Chief Software Fanatic - www.carverlab.com

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18951 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  4:15:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the entry is red because this is a newly added or edited entry. this helps you to pick out the items you are editing when you have a long list of autotext entries.

do any of the existing autotext entries work for you? i have just tried some tests here, and it looks like any autotext entry who's shortcut starts with a single quote is never suggested when editing.

case=1970

for now can you use a different shortcut? // works just fine, but this may seen alien, since it is the C++, C# single line comment syntax, not the VB comment syntax.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Curtis

14 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2006 :  12:46:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by feline
do any of the existing autotext entries work for you? i have just tried some tests here, and it looks like any autotext entry who's shortcut starts with a single quote is never suggested when editing.

case=1970

for now can you use a different shortcut? // works just fine, but this may seen alien, since it is the C++, C# single line comment syntax, not the VB comment syntax.

The other AutoText entries work just fine. As for using a // as a comment in VB, that's cool. I am an oldskool C++ programmer.

Thanks for validating the issue with a case number.

Curtis

Chief Software Fanatic - www.carverlab.com
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2006 :  1:43:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only certain characters are allowed in a shortcut, namely those that begin a comment or preprocessor macro for C/C++ and C#. Single quote isn't one of them though it should for VB.

See the paragraph called "Shortcuts" in:

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/autotext.html?more=yes
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000