Display corrupted Team Foundation Power Toy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lucis0327

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2006 :  7:12:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just installed the latest version of the Team Foundation Power Toys (mentioned http://blogs.msdn.com/bharry/archive/2006/09/07/744993.aspx). When using the Annotate feature, you get an information bar on the left of the editor window that shows the "blame information" (e.g. who is the last committer for the lines in a file) like .

When VisualAssist (build 1534) is on, the extra VA scope and identifier comboboxes skew the editor source display downward, ruining the alignment. Sorry, messed up the image of the problem

Edited by - Lucis0327 on Sep 11 2006 1:10:56 PM

jpizzi
Tomato Guru

USA
642 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  11:34:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With your example, I can't tell that the annotations are messed up. Could you disable VA's context bar and post that shot so we can see how it should look? I don't have a full team installation (with source control, etc.) to try for myself.

Joe Pizzi
Go to Top of Page

Lucis0327

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  02:24:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jpizzi

With your example, I can't tell that the annotations are messed up. Could you disable VA's context bar and post that shot so we can see how it should look? I don't have a full team installation (with source control, etc.) to try for myself.

I'll grab a shot tomorrow... but the simple way to see what's wrong in the shot I've posted is to see that the cursor caret is on line that declares the public class, but the "blue highlight" on the blame bar is on the line starting with "688 MarcB...". Those two lines should be aligned (and are when the context bar isn't shown).
Go to Top of Page

jpizzi
Tomato Guru

USA
642 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  12:04:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Didn't catch that. Good enough.

I wonder, though... How should we change that would make this line up? Does it line up if you have the VS Navigation Bar visible? What does that look like (is the Nav Bar all the way across, or do they somehow detect its presence)?

Joe Pizzi
Go to Top of Page

stoneym

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  2:50:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got this same issue, and if I remember the VS Nav Bar will not show up in Annotate view even if turned on. So that being the case, the VA bar should not show as well.
Go to Top of Page

jpizzi
Tomato Guru

USA
642 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2006 :  02:16:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any idea how we can tell if it is annotate view? Might be a case where they are using inside information to cause the behavior they are providing.

Joe Pizzi
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  02:22:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
case=2736

Seems like a workaround would be to turn off the va context bar (VA Options|Text Editor|General|View Context and Definition Fields) or set it to appear at the bottom of the window instead of the top.
Go to Top of Page

Lucis0327

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  1:53:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fixed in build 1541. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page