Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sub-star

Norway
8 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  03:14:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Most odd.

If you double click on one of these duplicate items, does anything happen? It would be useful if VA took you somewhere, but that might be asking a bit much.
Nothing happens on doubleclick or rightclick --> Goto.

quote:
If that does not help can you try right clicking on one of them and triggering "Find References". Again I am not sure if this will help, but it might.
This actually works. I didn't expect it to, so I was a bit surprised when it displayed the same results on both the correct and the incorrect entry.

quote:
If you get VA to show one of the system classes in the HCB are there any duplicates? I am wondering if this only applies to your own classes.
It seems this only affects my own classes. I haven't seen this behavior with system classes.

quote:
To be honest I really am not sure what to think. The lack of parameter names sounds like it should mean something, but I do not recognise this.
Well, hopefully this information will eventually lead to a solution.

The simplest solution is often the most difficult one to reach.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18943 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  09:21:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Find References - I half expected that result. Since the symbol name is known VA can simply trigger a Find References for that name.

Something is happening while you are working that causes this problem to show up, but what? Lets try log files, and see if this gives our developers any clues.

Please see this FAQ for details of turning on VA's logging, and sending us the log files

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W305

Once you turn logging on can you please show a couple of different problem classes in VA View and then close the IDE. This stops the log files from getting to large.

Can you also attached a screen shot of VA View, just for easy reference.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000