Technical Support
 How to access VA Context Menu anymore?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jpage4500

22 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2007 :  12:27:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I noticed I can't open up the VA context menu anymore. I used to press Shift + Right-Click to view the VA context menu. Now, when I do this it automatically does a find references search.

Sorry I didn't search the open items before posting this so it's probably been noticed before. But, did something change? I used to use this to highlight text and select the "/* */" option from the menu to quickly comment out code.

Of course, I'd rather have the VA context menu just open instead of the Visual C++ context menu but I figured that wasn't possible - which is why I had to hold down Shift.

I'm using VC++ 6 and WinXP

thanks,
joe

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2007 :  1:01:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A couple of other users have reported this problem when launching the VA shift + right click menu, but we have never been able to reproduce this on demand, or figure out why it is happening.

Can you try turning off the VA hovering icon for the refactoring context menu and see if this makes any difference?

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W368

If you map a keyboard command to "VAssistX.OpenContextMenu" then this should allow you to open the menu without this problem, based on what other users have reported.

case=2922

To easily comment / uncomment code you can always just select the code and press the * or / keys, see here for details:

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/surround.asp

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

jpage4500

22 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2007 :  3:12:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the quick reply! I was working on trying to reproduce another bug for you guys and ended up hitting the rebuild symbols button a few times. For whatever reason, I cannot reproduce this anymore.

I did just upgrade today so this was the first time I've done a 'rebuild symbols' since upgrading. But, before this it was happening 100% of the time..

weird.. anyway, I'll keep my eye out for it in the future.

thanks,
joe
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2007 :  3:34:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to really confuse matters, when you upgrade to a new build of VA this automatically triggers a rebuild of the symbol database, since the parser normally contains bug fixes.

Hopefully this will not reoccur.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2007 :  02:39:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
case=2922 is fixed in Build 1614
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly