Technical Support
 Can not change colors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alexc

2 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2007 :  2:54:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After installing the latest VAX (1544) into VS.2005 I can no longer change the colors of the text. I can change the VAX colors but not the other colors in the standard option selection.

I had set up all my text colors (black background and a couple other things) before installing VAX. After installing I noticed that a couple colors were not what I wanted. I went in and tried to change things and it has no effect no matter what I change. Even if I told it to go back to defaults.

I uninstalled VAX and when I loaded vs.2005 it had correctly gone back to all the defaults. So I reinstalled VAX and tried to change the background text color to black. Nothing.

Is this a known problem or am I the only one with issues?

alexc

2 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2007 :  3:03:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will go ahead and answer my own question.

I shut down vs and after reopening it my colors were back how I wanted them. However it seems like to alter some colors I need to change them and restart vs. Some colors alter immediately now after applying the color dialog. Other colors (like the code definition window) dont get applied unless I restart. There definitely seems to be some problems but not as bad as I initially feared.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2007 :  07:02:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sometimes you do need to restart the IDE for changes to colours to take effect. I am not sure if this is related to VA or not, but I do know I have seen the same problem with VS2005 myself occasionally.

Have you been able to apply all of your changes now?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000