Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RickHodgin

44 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2007 :  1:03:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see from this page:
http://docs.wholetomato.com?W318

That the case information is internal and we cannot access it:
"There is no way to see the status of a case, or list of outstanding cases, but if you post a request in the original thread we will check the status for you and let you know what, if anything, is happening.

Case numbers appear in our history page when cases are resolved."

I was thinking if there was a way for us to browse, or subscribe to a periodic mailing list, then it might be nice to see what features are out there waiting to be added so the community can give you some feedback on what might need to be moved to the top of the list.

For example, until refactoring was added I had no idea how much I needed to have a refactor ability. :) I'm sure there are dozens more features that would benefit me as well.

- Rick Hodgin

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2007 :  4:31:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nearly all of the feature requests come via the forum, mainly this suggestions section. Refactoring was asked for, and about, for a long time before it finally arrived

We already get more feature requests than we can reasonably implement, plus sometimes the popular features are the hardest. Code formatting is a fairly good example, since it is easy to request but requires a staggering number of options to satisfy everyone

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

RickHodgin

44 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2007 :  11:14:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
We already get more feature requests than we can reasonably implement, plus sometimes the popular features are the hardest. Code formatting is a fairly good example, since it is easy to request but requires a staggering number of options to satisfy everyone

Is Whole Tomato a true company with dedicated full-time employees working on Visual Assist X? Would WT be willing to have some willing developers sign NDAs in an attempt to contribute some meaningful code for free? I would be willing to do this. I'm sure others would be as well. If interested, please email me.

- Rick Hodgin
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2007 :  12:41:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a dedicated full time employee, if that helps to answer your question

This is a very interesting offer, which does raise all sorts of questions about code integration, testing, planning, etc. I will pass this on and see what people make of it.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000