New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  11:16:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For some history on this subject look up TOPIC 903 and TOPIC 1384 or simply search for HCB in messages posted by me.

As I see it now, the duplicates (multiples) in the HCB is improving. Now I see functions mostly as many times as there is the same file in the workspace (the same file 3 times, HCB shows the function 3 times) correctly with the tooltip pointing to the right file. Although i personally would prefer to see a menu to choose the item to jump to instead of multiple entries in the HCB, it is better then it initially was.

But what bugs me are the member variables: they are now shown only once! Following the philosophy of the whole tomato I would expect to see all members (functions, variables, enums, etc) as many times are there are copies of the a file in the workspace.

Another thing is the way overloaded functions are sorted. All overloads are sorted by signature, then file. Which is somewhat contrary to how functions are commonly sorted.

Also: the class shown in the HCB bears the tooltip from the FIRST file only, double clicking the classname in the HCB does not give you the same choice you have with functions, it only allows to jump to the first file.

My (alternative) suggestions:
1) remove ALL duplicates and use the context menu to jump to alternate locations. add the alternate locations to the tooltips too.
2) add one complete instance of the class (enum, etc) to the HCB for every file that contains it.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  5:15:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This time I have been able to reproduce this problem. This has always been the major problem here, it is difficult to address bugs we cannot reproduce.

case=6068

The one thing I am not seeing is this "different" sorting of the operator overloads. This is what I am seeing:

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  12:12:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just add a function with various overloads like
void myFunction();
void myFunction(std::string);
void myFunction(int);

And a hurray for the repro!!!
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  07:26:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am seeing the same thing now I know what to add to my class.

I agree, it is so good to finally reproduce this on demand! I have been chasing this, on and off, for what feels like years.

Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  09:04:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by feline

I agree, it is so good to finally reproduce this on demand! I have been chasing this, on and off, for what feels like years.

You know what? Is IS years!
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  09:19:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I try not to think about it!

It is good to know that the recent work I have done setting up a whole new set of test projects is paying off.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000