Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eve
Tomato Guru

Belgium
101 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  12:37:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

VAX is somewhat able to detect compilation errors before you compile a file (they are underlined like a spelling mistake).
This is nice, but it would be even nicer if there would be a way to jump to the next error, or to have a list of all these errors, certainly in large files. This way you could remove the most obvious mistakes before even starting a compilation.
Of course spelling mistakes in comments should be skipped or handled separately.

What do you think?

eli

sl@sh
Tomato Guru

Switzerland
204 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  04:24:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the idea, although in my experience underlining is mostly caused by VAX not keeping up with my changes

Regarding spelling errors, these are already handled seperately within VAX(*). So I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to excempt them from 'error navigation' once it gets implemented.

(*): You can see that when you set the coloring for spelling errors. Personally I set it to orange, so I can more easily discern it from potential coding errors.

Edited by - sl@sh on Jul 05 2007 05:38:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18746 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  07:46:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can already step through spelling errors, just use the toolbar button for spell check or the menu item "VAssistX -> Tools -> Spell Check..."

Stepping through mistyped symbols is an interesting idea. As sl@sh says sometimes they are caused by VA not having caught up with your latest typing, but a lot of the time, especially when renaming an existing variable, that the underlining is stable and very important.

I have put in a feature request for this:

case=7487

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

eve
Tomato Guru

Belgium
101 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  07:51:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks feline.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic