"Change Signiture" sometimes deletes param names
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Red_and_Ripe
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  7:34:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems that VAX has issues with the signiture of class declaration isn't completely mimiced by implementations. The base class had the method prototype with just type information without parameter names. e.g.

int foo( structtype *, bool, bool );

where the implemetation has something like

int class::foo( structtype *myStruct, bool flag1, bool flag2 );

when changing the signiture, say removing bool flag2, the signiture dialog shows the class implementation which doesn't have the parameter names, and then when it commits the change not only has it done your change, but it applies it verbatim to all references, which in this case removes the paramter names.

Unfortunately, this was the very first thing I tried with VAX, and this was a bit of a pain to fix because because it was a base class method and I had to fix up the parameters for a few different classes. Hoping the rest of my refactoring experiences go better...

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18943 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  09:04:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a known problem:

case=9327

You can undo Change Signature by using the IDE's undo feature. Unfortunately it is probably to late for you to use undo now, but worth being aware of in case you run into any other unwanted effects. Hopefully you will have more positive experiences with VA's refactoring from now onwards.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000