Feature Requests
 Dark background support
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cyril

19 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  04:24:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As stated in http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/color.asp#darkBackground , it is possible to use Vax with a visual studio dark-background color scheme. Unfortunately, non-code windows like tooltips, listboxes, object browsers, views, and wizard bars have to have syntax coloring disabled because they have the system background color (typically white).

I would really love to be able to have syntax coloring in these widgets, without havind to change my whole system's color theme, which is largely unsupported by applications anyway.

Wouldn't it be possible to automatically turn these widgets' background color to the same color as the Visual Studio code window's background when syntax coloring is activated for them?

Kind regards

Edited by - cyril on Oct 08 2008 08:17:42 AM

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  1:49:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We can't change background of IDE tooltips. We just don't have enough control of the IDE to do it.

There are 3 possible solutions here:

1. Apply VA's enhanced coloring to "source windows" only.

2. Set the windows color scheme its self so it will adjust the tooltips' background as well:

windows control panel -> display -> appearance

3. Change the background color of the global tooltips in the same windows dialog to a color which is good both for VAX and other applications.
Go to Top of Page

cyril

19 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  05:29:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately none of these suggestions is really acceptable for me :(
Anyway, I understand vax already uses all possible hooks in visual studio and everything cannot be customized.

Kind regards.

Edited by - cyril on Oct 09 2008 05:29:33 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000