Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Coloring bug - Method not being recognized?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

antibyte

3 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  6:13:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VAX1715
VS2005 SP1
Vista Business

The "Get" method doesn't have to the right color.
When I use it, it looks like this:

The code compiles and runs like it is supposed to. The coloring is right on everything else in the project, except for this Matrix3x4 template class.

antibyte

3 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  6:17:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oops, I cropped the first screenshot a bit too much, it's actually:

template <class Real>
class Matrix3x4
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18942 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  2:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am seeing something here. In the class declaration the function "Get" is not coloured as a function:

case=477

What is the "Get" line? I do not recognise this syntax, but it compiles. It looks like an array of functions, but that does not make much sense, especially given how it is being called.

So far I cannot reproduce the problem where Get is underlined as a mistyped symbol. What is Matrix3x4f?

Can you post the code, as well as the screen shots in future please? The screen shot shows the problem clearly, but leaves me having to retype all of the code, which is slow It is a lot easier to simply copy / paste it

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness

Edited by - feline on Mar 03 2009 5:49:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

antibyte

3 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  05:08:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by feline

What is the "Get" line? I do not recognise this syntax, but it compiles. It looks like an array of functions, but that does not make much sense, especially given how it is being called.

So far I cannot reproduce the problem where Get is underlined as a mistyped symbol. What is Matrix3x4f?

By the way, it's not just the coloring, ALT-G on the Get does not work either.

Matrix3x4f is Matrix3x4<float>. So the array 'mEntry' is really just a two dimensional array of floats in this case. Get() just returns a pointer to that two dimensional array. This is the proper way to define the return of a pointer to a multi-dimensional array of floats. It looks awkward, therefore most programmers (including me) would usually only return a simple float* ignoring the dimensions. But I am using a function of an external api (the guLookAt in the picture) that takes float[][4] as a parameter and not float*.

quote:
Originally posted by feline
Can you post the code, as well as the screen shots in future please? The screen shot shows the problem clearly, but leaves me having to retype all of the code, which is slow It is a lot easier to simply copy / paste it

Sorry for the inconveniance. I'm currently not at my machine. I will post the code later. :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000