1812 Adding extra quotes to asp.net control
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JefferyS

USA
32 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  11:59:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On an asp.net page while typing in a control it adds extra quotes when selecting from suggestion/list box when the "Insert attribute value quotes when typing" is checked and no quotes when it is not checked.

<asp:Label ID=""label1"" runat=server>

Thanks,

JefferyS

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  1:39:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wasn't able to reproduce this in a new test project.
I don't know much about this asp stuff, so I created a new "ASP.NET Web Application" (File->New->Project, Visual C#->Web)
Here, I searched for "label", and the first occurrence was:

<asp:Label ID="CurrentPasswordLabel" runat="server" AssociatedControlID="CurrentPassword">Old Password:</asp:Label>

Here, I kept

<asp:Label ID

and typed '='. Visual Studio placed "|", typed 'c', and got a listbox. When I accept any item here (with enter or tab), Visual Assist inserts the selected string, and I do not get ""CurrentPasswordLabel"". I get "CurrentPasswordLabel" (when I select this item).

Can you please try what you get if you do the same? Are you seeing the same problem with these steps?
If not, can you please send a test project, where you can reproduce this? I don't know how to create forms and labels from the scratch in a new project this is why I used an existing one. It may affected my results.
Go to Top of Page

JefferyS

USA
32 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  3:18:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I created a new web project. Opened Default.aspx and started adding controls. I am still getting double quotes on properties that have multiple options to choose, but it doesn't seam to happen on suggestion list boxes.

<asp:TextBox ID="form1" runat=""server"" Text="hello" AutoPostBack=""true"" Columns="3" EnableTheming=""false"" TextMode=""MultiLine""></asp:TextBox>

I cleared the cache and rebuilt the indexes to see if that had any affect.

This is kind of related to http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8543

Let me know if there is any other information that might help narrow down this problem.
Also I using the latest beta for download 1812.

Thanks,

JefferyS

Edit: I don't believe this was happening in 1810. I just had the problem indicated in topic 8543 above.

Edited by - JefferyS on Feb 14 2010 3:22:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  02:44:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess your code

<asp:TextBox ID="form1" runat=""server"" Text="hello" AutoPostBack=""true"" Columns="3" EnableTheming=""false"" TextMode=""MultiLine""></asp:TextBox>

is to create a new TextBox. Can you please share the form1 as well? Did you write this inside the body?
Go to Top of Page

JefferyS

USA
32 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  12:36:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can only guess that visual studio is changing the code when I saved the file because when I opened the Default.aspx it showed this:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="test1._Default" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>

<asp:TextBox ID="form1" runat=""server"" Text="hello"  AutoPostBack=""true"" Columns="3" EnableTheming=""false"" TextMode=""MultiLine""></asp:TextBox>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

I had an idea, I don't know why I didn't think of the before but I did a capture video showing what is going on. Just let me know where to send it. I zipped it up so its only 5.1mb. If a picture is worth a thousand words then a video must be worth a million words.

Thanks,

JefferyS
Go to Top of Page

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  2:22:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can send the video using this form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

Please include the URL of this thread in the description so we can match it up.
Go to Top of Page

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  1:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now I am seeing the same effect here:

case=39884

Thank you for your patience! (and for the video)
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  04:09:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
case=39884 is fixed in build 1814

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: