New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FlawedLogic

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  4:42:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I just tried to replace the bundled US English dictionary with the British English one by replacing the DIC and AFF files with those from OpenOffice 3.2.

They appear to have changed the file format and the new dictionaries no longer work properly with Visual Assist (10.5.1738), even simple words like 'the' get underlined.

The old format had lists of word/letters, the new has word/numbers. I have found an old format dictionary but you still link to the OO site which gives new format downloads.

Am I making a mistake or has the format really changed?

Cheers

Stephen

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  3:28:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do you download the dictionary?
On the linked page (http://lingucomponent.openoffice.org/) I clicked Download Dictionaries, then Dictionaries sorted by language and finally # 17 English (AU,CA,GB,NZ,US,ZA) and got here:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries#English_.28AU.2CCA.2CGB.2CNZ.2CUS.2CZA.29

Here, the English (United Kingdom) dictionary's data is 2006-11-30 and it seems the format haven't changed.

Edited by - accord on Apr 07 2010 3:31:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

FlawedLogic

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  02:33:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hadn't spotted that, though can't see how :)

What I had done was follow the extensions link, there was no British English version but a note saying that it was delivered as part of the default OO install.

I searched the local installation and found en_GB files here:

C:\\Program Files\\OpenOffice.org 3\\share\\uno_packages\\cache\\uno_packages\\1B3.tmp_\\dict-en.oxt

which I copied across to Visual Assist, these are the ones that are the wrong format. The downloaded ones are correct as you say.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000