Feature Requests
 LaTeX and Doxygen comment support
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

th3flyboy

12 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2010 :  6:16:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I was wondering if there was any chance of adding support to VAX to fully support Doxygen comments including LaTeX in those comments. This would add some serious capability to the ability to document math intensive projects that use Doxygen and LaTeX.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18943 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  08:54:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you explain what you are looking for?

You can change the comments that VA inserts via Document Method by editing the VA Snippet for Document Method, and VA Snippets that start with a / are active inside comments, to help you add standard items.

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/documentMethod.asp

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

th3flyboy

12 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  4:30:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Specifically, I'm looking for VAX to be able to read the Doxygen comments and LaTeX comments and display them when mousing over the relevent class (With LaTeX displaying in proper form, so it generates the LaTeX image as a PNG and displays it in the mouse over). The feature as it was has been removed in the 2010 version, however it would be useful to have this come back as a way to parse those comments rather than having problems with that specific type of comment.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18943 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  09:44:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We don't have any current plans to try and convert formatted / structured comments into some other form for the tooltips. Doxygen is quite popular, but a lot of people use different types of structured comments that have nothing to do with Doxygen. This quickly turns into trying to parse free text, which is a very open ended task.

What feature has been removed in 2010? I was not aware that earlier versions of the IDE would convert some structured comments into PNG images.

Edited by - feline on Jul 20 2010 09:45:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

th3flyboy

12 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  7:55:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me clarify, I was under the impression (from changelogs of the beta VAX builds for 10) that the comment displaying feature was removed in 10. There is no feature that would convert comments in to PNGs, this would have to be implemented. This would be implemented most likely by interfacing with LaTeX which would do it internally. The point of LaTeX is to convert formulas using LaTeX markup to PNG for displaying on websites, it could be applied to the comments as well if done properly.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18943 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  2:47:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is very unlikely VA is going to try to do this.

Depending on how LaTeX works, and how you have to interface with it, you might be able to work out something using SourceLinks and its API, since this is designed to show information in tooltips:

http://www.wholetomato.com/forum/default.asp?CAT_ID=10

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000