Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2004 :  2:06:16 PM  Show Profile
http://www.wholetomato.com/x/downloads/VA_X_Setup1213.exe

Fixes include:
Added option not to reset all VS.NET toolbars during install. (VS.NET only) (TOPIC_ID=1142)
Fixed more cases that caused listboxes to disappear prematurely. (1183)
FIW, SIW and tooltips in HCB are visible now when the Workspace View in floating. (VC only)
Eliminated spin generated by Down Arrow in Find Symbol dialog. (1084)
New lines in code templates appear as blocks in suggestion listboxes.
Fixed bug which caused TRUE to be colored gray. (VS.NET only)
Apply syntax coloring to autotext in suggestions listboxes.
Eliminated nasty race condition to improve performance and eliminate some erratic behavior. (1170)
Eliminated redundant entries in HCB. (1143)
Eliminated second nag screen after pressing Cancel in the first. (VS.NET only) (1122)
No longer apply syntax coloring to Resource View. (1176)
Remember split position in VA View. (1178)

Notes:
This build includes no changes to the VA X menu, toolbar or key bindings. You miss nothing if you elect not to reset during install.

Our option not to force a reset is somewhat experimental. Let us know if you detect wacky side effects.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.

Edited by - support on Jan 27 2004 11:52:12 AM

pabloari

Spain
24 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2004 :  6:41:31 PM  Show Profile
I installed it without resetting the toolbars. Being running it for three days now and now wacky side effects seen so far. Also, listboxes stay there all the time they should, for what I've seen till now. Thank you for those two ones, I'll be eternally thankful to you for them. I think now this is more than ready for a public beta, or even a final release. Just tell me what do I have to pay for the upgrade and I will pay for it more than happily. Well, ok, my boss will pay, anyway ;-).
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2004 :  11:59:23 PM  Show Profile
Our records indicate you own VA.NET which means VA X will be free for you. You would need to buy an upgrade only if you needed to run in VC++ 6.0 as well, assuming you don't have a license for VA 6.0.

http://www.wholetomato.com/x/purchase/upgrade.html

We make this upgrade free so we have fewer code bases to support and so all friends and coworkers of our customers see our finest product. VA X is much more visually appealling than previous releases.

Besides, the thought of someone keeping an old release because one's boss is too cheap to upgrade makes us shiver. You wouldn't believe the number of well-paid developers who complain of working in such environments. They beg for free upgrades.

Go figure.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

pabloari

Spain
24 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2004 :  09:07:38 AM  Show Profile
My case is the opposite: I can get any tool I want as long as it is not really expensive and I can be convincing enough about how useful and time saving it will be to me. But don't dare and go asking for a pay rise! :-(
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000