New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2004 :  4:22:43 PM  Show Profile
Suddenly, for the first time I can ever recall, "Open File In Workspace" ("OFW") has quit working. I can open the dialog, and it is populated correctly, but when I highlight one or more files, and click 'Ok', no files are opened. There's no error message, and the dialog is dismissed as usual.

I re-started the IDE, and it misbehaves in the same way.

Hmmm... it works fine for my CDocument-derived CPP file. Works fine for the view H file. In fact, it works fine for many of them; others it doesn't. What's the pattern? ...

I also notice that some of the values in the 'Path' column are hosed: for files I'm storing on the network they look like: "C:\\Projects\\MyProject\\R:\\Personal\\Source\\MyFiles\\MyFile.cpp", which is odd. The "Modified" date is zero (that is, 12:31/1969).

Time to rebuild, clear, and reset. Nope, still misbehaving. Okay, let's reboot. (Saving this text to a file...) Nope, still broken.

Ah, okay, the pattern is, if the "Modified" column has a goofy "Path" value, and a "Modified" value of "1969" (that is, zero), then I can't use OFW to open it.

Yes, I went out to Windows Explorer and opened the offending files by hand. They're really there, and they can be opened in Notepad.

Clearly, something is hosed in my VAX data, which is fine, but what's not fine is that whatever it is that's hosed, doing everything there is to do didn't fix it. Well, I didn't uninstall and re-install VAX, but that seems a little extreme (I'll do it if you want, though). Is there something else I can do to purge all my VAX data? I am loathe to start erasing files from C:\\Program Files\\Visual Assist X without some guidence...

Edited by - LarryLeonard on Mar 08 2004 12:41:31 PM

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2004 :  9:07:04 PM  Show Profile
Something is obviously whacked. We are clueless at the moment. Logging will not help since we have no logging in the subject code.

We will walk through our code when we get a chance. Let us know if you find more clues.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000