New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stephen
Tomato Guru

United Kingdom
781 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2004 :  04:56:08 AM  Show Profile
This is a one-tomato bug, but the behaviour of keywords in the HCB is a bit weird.

1) Some keywords (return, const) appear in the HCB when you hover over them in the source. Others (if, switch, case) don't.

2) When a keyword appears in the HCB, so do other keywords beginning with the same letter. E.g., return also brings up register and reinterpret_cast.

3) When you hover over a keyword in the HCB, an empty tooltip appears.

.NET 2002, and I'm still on VAX 1223.

Stephen Turner
ClickTracks http://www.clicktracks.com/
Winner: ClickZ's Best Web Analytics Tool 2003 & 2004

SvenC
Tomato Guru

Germany
339 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2004 :  06:21:33 AM  Show Profile
I'm using VS.Net2003 + VAX1230 and the behaviour is still the same or at least similar.
It seems that HCB is only filled when there are items which are qualified as being "similar" and which start with the same letter. So there is no other C++ statement starting with i except if.

What I do not understand is how the keywords are "categorized". return, register and reinterpret_cast are shown in the HCB with an "enum type" icon, while else and elseif (which doesn't exist btw, should be "else if") have a C++ source file icon.

Is there some documentation about this? I could not find much about this in the features.html

Edited by - SvenC on Apr 23 2004 12:10:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Stephen
Tomato Guru

United Kingdom
781 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2004 :  09:55:37 AM  Show Profile
You're right, Sven. I hadn't noticed the different icons.

I think a word might have to begin with the same two letters to appear. So const brings up const_cast and continue, but not case. case doesn't appear because there are no other keywords beginning with "ca". Oh, expect "catch", of course. Back to the drawing board...

Stephen Turner
ClickTracks http://www.clicktracks.com/
Winner: ClickZ's Best Web Analytics Tool 2003 & 2004
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2004 :  10:44:52 AM  Show Profile
Return and other keywords will no longer show up in the HCB in the build 1231.

This is a feature of the HCB, making it useful to hover over more than just classes and class members. You can hover over #defines and API functions and it will look in the defined header for other similar items. For instance hovering over WS_CHILD will look in winuser.h for other defines that start with WS_.

We are working on official documentation of this feature.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

SvenC
Tomato Guru

Germany
339 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2004 :  12:15:46 PM  Show Profile
Yepp, the list of similar symbols or defines in HCB is quite usefull - since someone pointed out this feature in the forum...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000