New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2004 :  8:31:04 PM  Show Profile
While typing size_t in a class definition to declare a class member, I found a rather strange and annoying behaviour of VAX.
I type si, the suggestion list (question tomatoes) comes up but only with size and sizeof in the list, thus I press Ctrl+Space to get a full list. Since the full list contains lots of (related) nonsense I continue typing size, so the list now finally shows the size_t I want (yes, I know, now I can already complete typing it instead of selecting it from the list...), so I choose it from the list and press enter to insert it into the text.
But now, another suggestion list pops up with size(), which by the way is a existing function in the class I'm editing. Fortunately I have TAB as selection key disabled, otherwise it would be even worse.

(Note the different coloring for size and size(). In both cases I suppose it refered to the same function in this class.)

Suggest bit of code is enabled, use default IntelliSense is enabled.

I think that VAX should never show any other list if I have selected something from a list just then, unless I typed something, or moved the caret somewhere, or pressed Ctrl+Space. Otherwise one has to dismiss the suggestion list before continuing to type.

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2004 :  8:33:34 PM  Show Profile
Addendum: when I type si again in the next line, the suggestion list now contains size_t and when I accept the suggestion with enter, I immediately still get the next suggestion list with size(). Argh.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000