1230: Symbols in class browser & multiple projects
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

.oisyn
Tomato Guru

162 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2004 :  5:56:34 PM  Show Profile
I just installed VAX 1230 (my previous version was 1215), so I just discovered the new hovering class browser. However, I was working on a fairly large solution with 5 projects, and all of the workspace symbols that should be there weren't; only a few symbols are shown in the list. The symbols are also missing from the "find symbols" dialog when the "Only show symbols in current workspace" checkbox is checked. So it seems to think that the symbols aren't in the current workspace while they actually are.

Because one of the projects is a library which I use in different projects as well, it's include directory is listed in the VC++ dir settings. Maybe that is the reason why VAX thinks it's not from the same workspace?

Also, thinks like locally declared classes seem to miss in the symbol listing when using more than one project in a solution.

schoenherr
Tomato Guru

Germany
160 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2004 :  02:13:10 AM  Show Profile
See thread
http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1297
as you can see this is an old problem and i have nothing heard from support for a long time
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2004 :  09:47:43 AM  Show Profile
Do you use environment variables for source paths in the project? Can you send a sample project to support that shows the problem?

Schoenherr, Environment variables in VC6 will be supported in build 1231.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

.oisyn
Tomato Guru

162 Posts

Posted - May 02 2004 :  6:32:11 PM  Show Profile
I managed to reproduce the problem using 3 projects in a solution. I use VC7.1 btw.

zipped sample project

screenshot showing problem:

As you can see, there are 3 projects, every project having a namespace, and every namespace having a class. In the "find symbol" box only the contents of the first project are shown.

Edited by - .oisyn on May 02 2004 6:33:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

.oisyn
Tomato Guru

162 Posts

Posted - May 02 2004 :  6:42:04 PM  Show Profile
proj2.Bar and proj3.Baz show up in the find symbol dialog when I uncheck the "Show only symbols defined in current workspace" checkbox, so it seems to think that they aren't in the current workspace. Also note that intellisense does work in all cases.

I also found out that after including the Project2.h file in one of the source files, it removed the proj2.Bar symbol to the current workspace, so it shows up in the find symbol dialog with the checkbox checked. However, this doesn't seem to work for Project3

Edited by - .oisyn on May 02 2004 6:42:56 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000