New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - May 10 2004 :  10:41:28 AM  Show Profile
When I have multiple classes in one C# file, the suggestion list starts to suggest members (functions and data) from ALL classes in this file.

Argh

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - May 10 2004 :  11:11:48 AM  Show Profile
In another thread, you stated that the installer asked you to reboot. Can you confirm the version in your about info is 1235. This sounds like a bug we fixed in 1235.

Just tried a simple example and it seems to only suggest members from the containing/inherited classes. Can you confirm this simple test works for you and see how it differs from your class. Thx.

namespace Foo.Bar
{
class cl1
{
public int member1;
}
class cl2
{
public int member2;
int getSomething()
{
return mem // suggestion here is only member2
}
}
}

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - May 10 2004 :  12:01:08 PM  Show Profile
Definitely its 1235.

Your example works fine. The main differences I see:
* members are private (no difference in your sample though)
* members are wrapped in #region's (again no difference)
* many members with starting with m_b

Funny thing is, when I add more data members to your sample, VAX still does not bring up any suggestions.

After modifying your sample a bit, adding ctors, members, regions, moving it into my "problem file", I see the following:

and

As you can see in the second fragment, there are a bunch of members which are from other classes in the same namespace, in the same file. It does yet not show up in the suggestion list.
It also does not happen always.

Does that make you happy? Sure hope so ...
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - May 10 2004 :  12:14:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh, yeah, and reparse for C# is either extremely slow or it does not work properly. Manual reparse, even after some time (10+ seconds), almost always changes results of suggestion/completion lists.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - May 11 2004 :  10:26:14 AM  Show Profile
The blank suggestion is a result of a bug in our code that adds scrollbars to one-line listboxes. The bug goes away when we stop hijacking arrow keys and eliminate the scrollbar. See:

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1905

The errant list of completions is likely due to a bug in code that converts a suggestion listbox to a completion listbox. VA X needs a quick update on current scope. Bug goes away when we stop hijacking arrow keys -- mandatory Ctrl+Space includes update of scope (an internal thing.)

Build 1233 and 1235 include several changes to improve performance, particuarly of parsing. Let us know if you correlate slowness with a particular event, eg after pressing semicolon, after paste, or after opening of a file.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000