New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2004 :  11:54:11 AM  Show Profile
What I have to do to make the include completion appear? It works ONLY when I type the #include too. Just pressing Ctrl+Space inside a #include "" or <> does not work.

Sometimes VAX is kind enough to at least suggest a class name inside the quotes when I start typing the filename.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2004 :  6:43:13 PM  Show Profile
using a cpp file in VS .NET 2003 and VAX 1240 i typed
#in|

at this point i get a nice little suggestion box, and i select and accept #include <$>
having done this, the include file pick list is displayed. pressing escape to get rid of this i typed q, giving me:
#include <q|>

and then i pressed ctrl_space.

all right, everything worked fine 3 times in a row. now that i am typing this post up and double checking my facts i am getting a completion listbox

i take a screen shot of this, return to VS, hit ctrl_space again and i now get the include file list once more.

Uniwares, how does your typing compare to mine? i can get this to go wrong, but not under normal typing conditions.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2004 :  7:24:08 PM  Show Profile
Define normal typing conditions :)
One example where it practically always fails, copy a line with a include and change the filename. Well, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V is still faster than typing #in+Enter when you modify existing code.
Or when you need to change filenames, because the includes have changed.

But I have seen that also during the way you describe typing, there is no suggestion or completion coming up, no matter what I try. Just leaving the file and returning to it, often lets me open the completion list with Ctrl+Space or at least comes with a suggestion list containing class names. Since in the current project classes and filename are ident, its ok.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000