New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tom_seddon
Tomato Guru

162 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2003 :  5:22:53 PM  Show Profile
Using VAX in VS.NET:

Options, Projects, C/C++ Directories has the wrong system include directories. VAX can't find them, either, implying they're not just displayed wrongly.

I load in a project, z:\\beeb\\src\\mbwx.sln and I get the following:

'Other' and 'Library source' are OK.

Then I close the solution, and 'Stable' is emptied -- but the wrong headers are still there, only they've jumped into 'Other'.

Reload VS.NET, and all is well.

If I then load another project, Z:andomandom.sln, the include directories are still correct, but again, they have jumped into the other includes section. Close and reactivate the options dialog, and this time all the directory areas are empty :(

Close random.sln, and the directories don't come back.

Reload VS.NET, and they're back again.

Finally, if I load VS.NET and then mbwx.sln, then load random.sln, the directories are as if I just loaded random.sln first. (That is, seemingly in the wrong place, but OK for VA.) Again, they vanish the second time I look in the options box.

[One note: mbwx.sln is unusual, in that it doesn't have a corresponding .vcproj. It's just a container for other projects that live in subdirectories of z:\\beeb\\src\\. It's intended to work like a VC6 'Utility' project; I think I just created a normal solution and deleted the vcproj. These 'other projects' are more normal, but one has extra include directories specified using environment variables.]

Here's the VA about box. (Another bug here -- you can't select the text :)

tom_seddon
Tomato Guru

162 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2003 :  5:35:16 PM  Show Profile
My mistake. The project include directories are not correct when I load this "random.sln" project; they like this:

D:\\prg\\dotnet\\common7\\ide\\$(VCInstallDir)include

and so on. Actually, it appears that whilst VAX can't find the headers I still get some kind of intellisense from the inbuilt VS.NET stuff. Interestingly, "Use default intellisense when available" is switched off :(

For some reason, VS.NET hadn't set up the environment variables globally when installing. So, I entered them all in by hand based on the relevant vcvars32.bat. This made one difference: when I load Z:\\beeb\\src\\mbwx.sln, the include dirs are all empty.

(These are my own projects, so I can send them to you if that would help.)
Go to Top of Page

tom_seddon
Tomato Guru

162 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2003 :  6:50:43 PM  Show Profile
By entering the dirs by hand into the 'Custom' platform, I was able to get VAX to parse the headers therein. When the cursor was on a system header, though, the full path was still not displayed, and reopening the dialog cleared the paths. On reloading VS.NET, VAX said no include paths could be found.

After that I used the dialog to enter the ones I need into the 'Custom' platform, using the file browser. It seems to work OK now.

Platforms 'Win32' and 'Xbox' have no directories for anything, though. When reloading VS.NET, I did notice that I have two "Microsoft Xbox" logos on the startup screen, so it may be that my VS.NET installation is slightly broken.
Go to Top of Page

PatLuja
Tomato Guru

Belgium
416 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2003 :  05:34:05 AM  Show Profile
Hello Tom,

Some things you say sound familiar. I hope they resolve this soon.

For the Whole Tomato team: Please do take a look at http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=858 (and a reply will be appriciated).

Have a nice weekend.

With kind regards,
Patrick Luja
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000