Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VsAX in different VC++ versions? (2005 vs 2012)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MartinBa
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2013 :  04:11:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!

I'm looking for information / experiences wrt. using Visual Assist X in different Visual Studio versions and any possible different features/user experience.

We' currently using VsAX with C++ and VS2005. (Actually version 10.6.1859 because our support agreement ran out some time ago.)

The built-in IDE intellisense support for C++ got better for newer VS versions (2010, 2012, 2013prev) but, as a Visual Assist User, do I care at all?

That is, would I notice any difference for the features offered by the combination of VAX and the IDE when switching from 2005 to, say, 2012?

Is the VsAX feature set the same across al VS versions, or are there some things that work only/better/faster in newer VS versions?

cheers.

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2013 :  5:23:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Visual Assist has its own, separate parser, thus providing the same experience across all Visual Studio versions.
You will have the same feature set, and apart from some very minor differences, you will be enjoying completion listboxes with the same features, all refactoring commands, all dialogs and sidebars, etc.

Maybe the only notable difference is that if default Intellisense offers some useful information, VA will use it for listboxes, since the following is turned on by default:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Listboxes -> Get content from default intellisense

But this is just to augment the listboxes, VA and all its features would work even if you disabled Intellisense.

Edited by - accord on Jul 22 2013 5:24:42 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000