No hovering tooltips?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KeyC0de

11 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2020 :  6:19:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello.
I have bought VA. I am not sure if I have configured VA correctly as I don't see any hovering tooltips?

I have disabled Intellisense and I'm only using VA. That is the recommended thing to do right?

However Intellisense used to show tooltips when you hover over a symbol, VA doesn't show tooltips at all (eg the type of the variable, or the parameters of the function; and no other comments either).

I'm working on C++. Can someone help?
Thank you.

Edited by - KeyC0de on Feb 13 2020 6:21:40 PM

ChrisG
Whole Tomato Software

USA
299 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2020 :  7:38:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please navigate to the Visual Assist Options dialog, go to the Display tab, and enable "Show Quick Info tooltips for more symbols".

Are you able to see tooltips now?

It is recommended to disable IntelliSense in some cases, such as when working with the Unreal Engine. Since you have it off you can just leave it off though, if nothing else you gain some performance.
Go to Top of Page

KeyC0de

11 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2020 :  03:42:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am now able to see tooltips. Thank you.

Yes that is the exact reason why I disabled IntelliSense. Because I was working with UE4. Builds without Intellisense were at least 5 times faster without Intellisense. However from what I see, in other projects I should enable Intellisense. I get more useful info. VA on its own does not recognize some (possibly a lot of) C++ standard library functions, saying "Unrecognized Symbol. ALT + G to jump to a guess". However it is essential for UE4 if nothing else.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2020 :  06:17:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the update. VA should be handling standard C++ libraries fairly well, do you have a couple of examples of where this is failing that I can look at, to try and understand what the problem is?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000