Technical Support
 VAX, QT and VS.NET 2003
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MojoJojo

5 Posts

Posted - May 17 2004 :  05:29:05 AM  Show Profile
I have installed VAX to try out with VS.NET 2003. I'm using the QT GUI library.

I have seen on the known problems page that VAX has compatibility issues with "some" QT add-ins. I'm wondering if anyone knows what the "some" refers, since, as far as I know, there is only one. Does it refer to some versions of the QT add-in ? Only the add-in for VS.NET ? Similarly there is a reference to incompatibility to "localised versions" of VS.NET. What is a localised version ? Does that mean VS.NET installed only on the local machine rather than via a server as a client or similar ?

I'm asking because I'm having trouble with VAX that I did not have when I tried VA.NET. The biggest one so far is that the VAX menu button does not appear, meaning that I have no access to any VA settings. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing a couple of times. I've also found that the auto-complete has the same issues as the VS.NET auto-complete when it comes to working with QT - many methods are simply not found. VAX works fine in VS6, finding those methods that VAX does not find in VS.NET. Similarly, VA.NET finds those methods.

Are these issues a result of the incompatibilites I refer to above ? If so, are those incompatibilities being worked on ?

Stephen
Tomato Guru

United Kingdom
781 Posts

Posted - May 17 2004 :  05:39:20 AM  Show Profile
I believe "localised versions" means versions of VS.NET in languages other than US English. Can't help you with the rest, I'm afraid..

Stephen Turner
ClickTracks http://www.clicktracks.com/
Winner: ClickZ's Best Web Analytics Tool 2003 & 2004
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - May 17 2004 :  08:45:45 AM  Show Profile
using VAX 1235, VS .NET 2003 and Qt 3.3.1 i am not seeing any of these problems.

in house the Qt code is simply a project that is opened in VS, and set as a dependency. we are not using any plugin from Qt.

if VAX doesnt know where the Qt include files are located then this would probably explain why you arent getting auto complete suggestions.

it is probably worth disabling the Qt plugin in VS to see if that helps.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

MojoJojo

5 Posts

Posted - May 18 2004 :  09:51:54 AM  Show Profile
>we are not using any plugin from Qt.

I'm using the QMSNet plug-in which, as far as I know, gives the QT toolbar in VS. I have tried turning it off in the add-in manager and it seems to make no difference - toolbar still appears and I still have the same problems with VAX. I'll try getting a newer version of VAX, just wanted to avoid a beta version since I'm testing it to decide whether or not to recommend that my company purchase licenses for those of us using VS. I've used VA before and found it extremely useful, but there seem to be some fairly major changes in VAX.

>if VAX doesnt know where the Qt include files are located then this >would probably explain why you arent getting auto complete

I know, but since I don't have the VAX menu I can't tell VA where the files are since I don't have access to the options dialog :-)

I'll keep fiddling to see if I can get it to work.

Thanks
Mojo
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000