Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 "Highlight active line" can't be found (VC6)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mathewzhao

9 Posts

Posted - May 06 2007 :  1:23:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quote1:
New! Highlight Current Line in source windows. (case=51) (Visual Studio only.)

Quote2:
It's under VAssistX|Advanced|Correction called "Highlight active line in text editor".
(http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6022)

The feature is really nice,but I can't found the feature in VAssistX Options of VC6 IDE . VC6 is a member of Visual Studio 6.0 ,I guess VAX Build 1549 should support it.
Could someone give me some explanations?
Thanks!

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - May 06 2007 :  5:46:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, VC6 is part of Visual Studio. But Whole Tomato uses Visual Studio to mean Visual Studio 7, 7.1 and 8.0. So whenever you see something on the WT website that states "Visual Studio only" what it really means is "not available in IDEs prior to Visual Studio.NET" (Visual Studio.NET may sometimes be referred to as VS7.)

Highlight current line is not available in IDEs prior to VS7.
Go to Top of Page

mathewzhao

9 Posts

Posted - May 06 2007 :  9:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a pity! Highlight current line is unexpectedly not available in VC++ 6.0 IDE.

Did someone know whether Whole Tomato will add the feature for VC++ 6.0 users in the future?

Thanks!

Edited by - mathewzhao on May 06 2007 9:42:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

schoenherr
Tomato Guru

Germany
160 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  01:08:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i do not know if they consider adding this feature for vc6. originally they sad changing the background color is too difficult and thats why such a feature would never be implemented. but now we see it in the new IDE's.
And we see also a nice feature in vc6: highlighting of found references, which definitly changes the background color so in my opinion the "highlight current line"-feature should be possible for vc6 also.

IIRC feline hase answered many of the questions according to this topic, maybe she/he can answer the question?
Go to Top of Page

mathewzhao

9 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  01:58:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What feline ever said about highlight current line:(http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5981)
quote:

I believe that ReSharper does not support VC6. We do, and have to stop and think how any given feature will be implemented across VC6, VS2002, VS2003 and VS2005, assuming we try to target all IDE's for a particular feature.

So I thought Whole Tomato will add the feature for VC6-?-?not just for VS2002, VS2003 and VS2005.

Edited by - mathewzhao on May 07 2007 02:02:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18942 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  08:30:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A complete implementation would effect all IDE's, VC6 included. Currently this is implemented using features of the VS SDK. The VS SDK is not available for VC6, and so the feature is not available with Visual Assist X running on VC6. We are working to find an alternative solution.

We decided to make this limited feature available now, rather than waiting until we had a full solution, so that people using the newer IDE's could benefit from it. Or in other words "the exception proves the rule".

Most features are implemented the same way in all IDE's, and by default all new features are implemented in all IDE's, but this is one of those rare cases where VC6 is different.

case=6424

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000