Cannot add "deque" to dictionary?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robosport

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2004 :  03:13:02 AM  Show Profile
Spellchecking in the IDE with your product is awesome!

For some reason deque is underlined as misspelled even though I have added it to the dictionary. Is there a way to fix this?

I noticed when viewing the user dictionary file that deque is entered many times (no doubt from my attempts to make the underline go away). Is ther a way to edit the dictionary?

Thanks.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2004 :  06:21:59 AM  Show Profile
from 2531 which is in the private beta forum, support said:

quote:
We intend to swap our spell engine in the next few builds -- probably in the build after the next General Release.

because a new spell checking engine is so close, support are ignoring problems with the current spell checker for now.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

robosport

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2004 :  12:15:46 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the response.

quote:
because a new spell checking engine is so close, support are ignoring problems with the current spell checker for now.

For those of us that just purchased your product and are not informed about your release plans, can you explain what "so close" means in more definative terms, since you are "ignoring" one of the key reasons why I purchased your product?

... I'm not sure why you added the link to a forum I do not have access to.

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

robosport

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2004 :  12:39:58 PM  Show Profile
Actually this problem is slightly worse than I thought. Once the dictionary stopped accepting the new word 'deque' it also stopped accepting any new words being added.
Go to Top of Page

robosport

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2004 :  12:56:23 PM  Show Profile
I fixed the "not accepting any new words" problem by removing the user dictionary file from the install folder. Unfortunately the deque<T> is still not being accepted and it seems to be what breaks accepting any new words so I'll leave it for the time being.

I'm sure you hear this everyday, but I have to say it... I've only been using your product for a day, but I can't comprehend how I was about to develop productivly in VS for so many years without it. It is really a time saver!!!

Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

robosport

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2004 :  1:02:19 PM  Show Profile
Ok. Now I'm just blown away.

The root cause of the red underline under the declaration of 'deque' wasn't caused by it being considered a misspelling. It was caused by the fact that I had forgotten to include the <deque> STL header.

That is simply amazing software.

I have to go now so I can start sending emails to every developer I know to tell them about this product! Well done!
Go to Top of Page

WannabeeDeveloper
Tomato Guru

Germany
775 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2004 :  1:57:43 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by robosport

... I'm not sure why you added the link to a forum I do not have access to.

He did it so the WholeTomato Team (to which neither feline nor me belong, sadly *HintForTheDevelopers* ) and us internal betatesters can see the cross reference to a problem they already have in their list (right, feline?).
We are only Betatesters for VA_X, always getting the most unstable builds of VA_X (just kidding, guys!)

You can recognize the Whole-Tomato-Team by the username support.
Whenever they say "this will be included/fixed soon", it will (this is what I love about them).

So welcome aboard, have a nice "discovery-time" with all the mind-blowing features of VA_X, and believe me:
I cannot imagine coding without VA_X either!

Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2004 :  8:30:03 PM  Show Profile
Our effort to replace our spelling engine is on schedule. We are running internal versions of VA X with it. Next we find links to foreign language dictionaries. Should be part of the next beta.
Go to Top of Page

robosport

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2004 :  8:33:11 PM  Show Profile
When I asked for more definative terms, I meant for folks that are new to your forum/product. Is your schedule published somewhere?

Thanks.

Edited by - robosport on Jul 20 2004 8:33:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2004 :  07:22:06 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by WannabeeDeveloper
He did it so the WholeTomato Team (to which neither feline nor me belong, sadly *HintForTheDevelopers* ) and us internal betatesters can see the cross reference to a problem they already have in their list (right, feline?).

what, me drop hints like that for WT? *radiates innocence*

WannabeeDeveloper is quite right, for those of us keeping an eye on things it is useful to link the various threads together.

i don't think the release schedule is posted. after all, it depends on how many serious bugs us brave (or is that foolish? ) beta testers run into. so i don't want to put words into the mouth of support.

from experience a new beta build appears ever few days, with a new public build every week or two. sometimes you have to wait longer if the fix is proving particularly tricky.

hopefully this helps. VAX is one of those rare products where new builds really are both frequent and regular

as for wanting to tell everyone about VAX, i know exactly what you mean

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2004 :  5:51:19 PM  Show Profile
We do not post a schedule, nor announce what will be included in the next build. The exception if for a critical bugs for which we have a fix. In such a case, we tell you to hang on until the next build.

We have private and public betas. The private ones are issued once a week or so. Public betas go every two+ weeks.

The next beta has several significant improvements, hence it takes a bit longer than the average.
Go to Top of Page

robosport

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2004 :  5:55:58 PM  Show Profile
I understand. Thank you for the reponse.

This version will keep me happy. Its like having a second programmer running the keyboard that knows what I'm thinking (or better, what I should be thinking :-) ).

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000