New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2004 :  8:25:08 PM  Show Profile
Is anyone else noticing that the very first time (during a program run of the IDE) that you try to use an AutoText entry, it fails to expand? But then if you try it again, it works? As far as I can tell this is a new bug in 1230, but it is very consistent. I can provide a few examples if needed.

SvenC
Tomato Guru

Germany
339 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2004 :  08:17:28 AM  Show Profile
Nope - I started VS.NET by launching an sln file. After the solution was opened I opened a cpp file and typed class. I got the class autotext tooltip, pressed tab and got the class template expanded. Tried it with /// as well.

I was using VS.Net 2003.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2004 :  09:17:53 AM  Show Profile
Did you wait for the project to finished loading(cpu goes idle)? Autotext does not display until the project is fully parsed.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2004 :  09:37:28 AM  Show Profile
This is 100% reproducible for me. Yes, the project is usually loaded for several hours. I'll do it right now for you (the project has been loaded for about 20 minutes). I'll type in the word bind, hoping to get this AutoText:
	
	bind:
	MyDatabase::BindParameters dbp(theApp.GetMyDB());
	CString sParam(dbp.Add(__FILE__, __LINE__, ));
... and I get a listbox full of "question mark tomatoes" instead. Isn't that coming from "suggest bits of code"?? Now if I accept one of the suggestions (hitting Escape makes it fail again), and type in bind again, I correctly get the AutoText.

Here's a clue. This only happens for AutoText entries that start with the same characters as "Suggest bits of code" entries. For example, bind fails because of symbols like bind, bind1st, bindflag, BIND_OPTS, etc. And cdb fails because of my class CDBPasswordChange. However, myd works correctly the first time: although I have lots of symbols that start with myd, none of them must be near enough to be in the "Suggest bits of code" cache. That's my theory, anyway...
Go to Top of Page

SvenC
Tomato Guru

Germany
339 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2004 :  1:47:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi Larry

hmm - is my comment really misplaced? Didn't we talk about auto text entries that do not expand on your machine?

Bye,
SvenC

Edited by - SvenC on Apr 21 2004 1:49:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2004 :  2:07:47 PM  Show Profile
Oops. When you said, "Nope - I started VS.NET by launching an sln file", I assummed that was a response to this thread: http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1976 , which I now see you're aren't a party to. Never mind!
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - May 03 2004 :  12:25:15 PM  Show Profile
Okay, this is working better in 1233: the only one of my templates that consistently doesn't work is this one:

dest:
// Destructor.
/* virtual */

Even re-parsing the file doesn't help. I just have to keep typing in "dest" until it finally works...
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - May 11 2004 :  09:54:33 AM  Show Profile
*bump*

'dest' still doesn't work reliably in 1235... I just keep typing and deleting it until it works...
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - May 11 2004 :  1:21:12 PM  Show Profile
We can reproduce the problem. We believe it is timing related.

We created an autotext entry for "dest" prior to making this test case.

Have a suggestion listbox open prior to typing the last two letters of your autotext entry, eg "st' of "dest" in your case.

Type "st" slowly. You get a suggestion listbox for 's' and autotext when you type the 't'.

Type "st" quickly -- force the suggestion listbox for 't' to appear before the one for 's' has a chance to appear completely. No autotext.

ixBug=40

Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - May 14 2004 :  11:35:50 AM  Show Profile
Fixed in 1237.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked